Click here to download the Florida State Junior Thespian Official Rulebook.
1. Troupes applying for Mainstage must have attended the last two Junior State Thespian
festivals; the director must have attended at least one festival in the last two years.
2. Performances must be scheduled within the screening period of September 12th, 2019
and November 16th, 2019. No productions will be screened after November 16th, 2019.
3. Your application must be submitted at least thirty days prior to your scheduled
performance and NO LATER than September 19th, 2019.
4. You must schedule at least two performances.
5. Tickets for adjudicators must be held and seats reserved for them. Please plan to hold
at least two tickets per adjudicator screening your production. They may wish to bring a
6. Programs must be provided to the adjudicators.
7. The troupe director MUST provide a telephone number for a phone they will have
access to on the day/evening of the performance being adjudicated. Should the
adjudicator have any issues, we MUST be able to reach you.
8. If selected, your production must include the same script, cast, costumes, and set that
9. You will provide production photos to be submitted digitally for use at the
Mainstage selection meeting. These photos are due one week after the close of your production and will be used at the selection meeting and for a slideshow presentation at the State festival.
10. The run time of the performance may not exceed two hours including intermission. If
you are presenting a cutting of a full-length play, you must include—with your
application—written permission from the playwright or licensing company. Please realize that at the discretion of the Florida State Junior Thespians leadership, your presentation at the State festival may eliminate intermissions.
11. If selected, you will receive load-in information from the Mainstage coordinator and technical director.
12. The application fee is $500.00. If selected, applicants will be given ten day passes at no charge to use at their discretion. Additional day passes will be available for purchase.
13. If selected, you will be informed of the committee’s decision following the selection
meeting on November 17th, 2019. Your adjudicator responses will be sent to you
14. All questions, concerns, and requested supporting material should be directed to the
Florida State Junior Thespian Festival Mainstage Coordinator at MainstageFSJT@gmail.com.
Copyright 2016 Florida State Thespians | Web master, Johnathan Gust.